Here are 12 facts about gaming and popular videogames that you didn’t know!
12. Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokemon, got his idea by watching caterpillars transform into butterflies as a kid.
11. The game Dragon quest is so popular in Japan that it was banned on weekdays because it resulted in kids bunking their schools and many adults taking ‘sick days off’ just to play the game.
10. Guitar Hero: Aerosmith made more money for the Aerosmith band than any of their previous albums made.
9. Starcraft is very famous in Japan. It is so famous that professional gamers receive a huge salary to play Starcraft on competitions.
8. The game Donkey Kong got its name by mistake, because the creator, Miyamoto, thought the word donkey meant “stupid” in English.
7. Nolan Bushnell, the founder of Atari, is also the founder of the famous fast food chain ‘Chuck E Cheese’.
6. Players of the video game called Foldit decoded the crystal structure of an AIDS structure using the puzzle that scientists couldn’t solve for over 15 years!
5. Famous actor Robin Willams was so obsessed with videogames and gaming that he named his two kids after the characters of popular video games – Cody (Final Fight) and Zelda (The Legend of Zelda).
4. Toru Iwatwani, the creator of Pac-Man says that Pac-Man was inspired by women because Pac-Man is always eating and “women were always eating something.”
3. If you ever wondered why Rockstar’s GTA has so many negative reviews, y9u can stop wondering because it turns out Rockstar games paid to get negative press for its GTA series!
2. Studies have shown that gaming has many positive effects on the brain. For example, many studies have proven that playing videogames trains the player to react faster and swiftly make the correct decisions.
- Sonic Hedgehog videogame has actually has inspired a gene in the human body called SHH (Sonic Hedgehog). This gene is responsible for ensuring all our limbs and organs grow in their place.
If you knew any of these already, or if you know more fun facts, comment and let us know! 🙂
Leave a Reply