You are here for one reason, to find the best tool for your gaming skills. If you are a fan of flight simulators and air craft games for PC? Test your piloting skills as a fighter or go on a cruise through the galaxy, then you need to find the best joystick in order to get the best flying experience.
We are of course not referring to real flying but video games. Joysticks are not just perfect for flight simulators of course, but they could be used for a broad selection of games, including, for example a few FPSs where you are able to jump into a helicopter or jet. Even a fight in deep space could demand a greater precision and a more realistic sense that offered by a mouse and keyboard. A good joystick is just a great investment for some gamers and it is already a fantastic idea to familiarize yourself and getting used to the fundamentals of these controllers and all the features a joystick or flight stick can offer.
This is an advantage to any joystick. A throttle is a lever that can be pushed forward or backward in order that the vehicle which is piloting speed up or slowing down can be controlled. Throttles can be integrated on the bas of the joystick itself or as a detached control. The throttle can be beneficial in many ways. For example, the hands do not have to stay close as they should while playing on the keyboard for example. Instead, a more natural feel comes from it. Having the best joystick will make you not use your mouse and keyboard at all.
There is a certain number of setups which you can have while playing. And, we found the most popular ones:
- Hands on Stick and Keyboard – This means that this could be beneficial if there is no throttle at all or when more buttons are needed than on the joystick setup
- Hands on Throttle and Stick – The player needs to use one hand on the throttle and one on the joystick all the time, and this can also include detached throttles.
- Hands on Mouse and Stick – Ideal for those who are there for more fight precision. If you already found the best gaming mouse, then you might feel comfortable with an ambidextrous joystick.
- Stick and Stick – Similar to stick and mouse but with more realism and more accuracy, with access to plenty of buttons.
5 Best Joysticks and Flight Sticks of 2019
There are so many but here are some you should definitely check out if you are in search of a new device to hold on to.
LOGITECH EXTREME 3D PRO JOYSTICK
“When the pressure is on, your stick performance is the difference between victory and total oblivion. The Extreme 3D Pro twist handle joystick will never let you down. The 12 programmable buttons and eight-way rubber hat switch give you optimum control, personalized to your taste. Whether you’re dropping bombs at a distance or firing guns in a dog fight, the stable and precise Extreme 3D Pro will have you dominating the enemy in no time.
- Dominate the skies or the ground with the control of 12 well-placed, fully programmable buttons and a rapid-fire trigger
- Home in on your target with the deadly accurate direction control of the twist handle
- Smooth and accurate throttle settings are a major bonus whether you’re entering the fray or bugging out”
While this sounds great there are pros and cons. Pros are:
- 8-way hat switch
- Throttle control
- Budget-friendly price tag
- 12 programmable buttons
While cons are some software issues.
MAD CATZ V.1 STICK
- “Ergonomic, ambidextrous stick with trigger and five buttons. All positioned for instant access in the heat of battle
- POV switch allows you to easily change cockpit views to keep track of your enemies
- Pinkie switch operates as a normal control or can be programmed as a shift button to double up your control functions
- Throttle lever for smooth, realistic engine control / Twist action rudder control / Unique removable legs for easy storage
- Compatible: Windows 8, Windows 7, XP/XP64, and Vista. Supported by Saiteks powerful SST programming software”
Also, pros and cons: Pros are POV switch, five buttons, ambidextrous design and removable legs, while the trigger could be a little better and it is quite light.
Now, our favorite, we will not leave this one for the last one:
GLADIATOR JOYSTICK, FLIGHT SIMULATOR CONTROLLER STICK
“The Gladiator joystick is a new, exciting design from the engineers at VKB! The Gladiator offers a high-end experience for a much smaller price. Its design is a replica of the famous KG12 grip found in WWII fighter planes and Korean War era jets. VKB has taken the classic design of the original grip and adapted it to be used with PC flight-simulators. No other flight stick in this price range looks and feels this close to the real thing. The Gladiator is loaded with buttons and options to get flight-simmers of all backgrounds up and flying quickly. It uses high precision sensors and sturdy construction to give the user smooth movement with precise action. The Gladiator is designed to give virtual pilots years of faithful and trouble free service.”
What defines this product is ergonomic Grip Angle, real WWII KG 12 Grip replica, pitch, roll and twist axes, and smooth and precise movements. Another pro are hall-effect sensors and let us point out again, the ease of use. And for the cons part, well, nothing worth mentioning.
PXN-2113 GAMING JOYSTICK WITH VIBRATION FEEDBACK
“For game also for your flight dream! – Not only the game, also could use to simulate teaching in Aerial Colleges,
Youth science education product, to help you achieve your flying dream.
– Full functional single handle bar design.
– With 3 shafts (X/Y/RZ) + throttle + 12 programmable keys + 8 direction control hat, configurations to meet your game
– High-precision linear potentiometer, with software correction and dead zone adjustment function, to realize human
unity in the game, easy to aim at the target and precise striking.
– 8 direction control hat, to achieve UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT 4 directions and 45 degree angle operate, convenient for
switching perspective in the game, to make war in your eyes.
– Joystick built-in vibration motor, vibration may produce different effects according to the strength of game
– Ergonomic design, handle use similar skin coating, comfortable hand rest, bring you a good sense of control.”
There are of course pros and cons, so let’s review that. The pros could be the 8-way hat switch, the vibration function, 12 programmable buttons but the build quality is not so memorable in a good way.
THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG JOYSTICK
This one is a blast, we have to say, and it is a detachable jostick handle crafted entirely from metal, with detachable metal plate for desk-or cockpit-style use. There are action buttons in total + 8-way ‘point of view’ hat. There is a control panel with weighted base and a dual throttle system with metal hand rest. Besides that, there are 3D magnetic sensors (HallEffect) on the stock and a unique replica set of the US Airforce A-10c’s joystick. This masterpiece has surgical precision which stays sharp over time and HallEffect AccuRate technology.
- 5-coil spring system
- 16-bit resolution
- stable, weighted base
- usb connection and upgradable firmware
Another pro is the outstanding build quality but the style isn’t for everyone.
Do you have your favorite? Let us know what it is and we may help you find a good price. Subscribe for more cool news.